ACAI BERRY SUPER POWERS
Acai berries are native to the Brazilian Amazon region. Recently, they’ve earned worldwide popularity for their impressive health benefits and unique taste. Known as a superfruit, the Acai berry is a deep purple color and packs a lot of nutrition.
Actually, it’s not a berry at all, but a drupe - like grapes or olives. They contain pits and have a relatively short shelf-life. However, outside of Brazil, we’re able to experience its health benefits by consuming acai berries as a frozen puree, pressed juice, as a powder, or in capsule form.
Acai is a Superfood
So, what do we mean when we say superfood? Well, the acai berry (pronounced ah-sigh-EE) is packed with dense nutrition. In other words, there’s a lot of healthy good stuff contained in a tiny package.
- Acai berries are antioxidants. Like many other berries, acai is packed with antioxidants that protect your cells from damaging free radicals, giving your immune system a boost.
- Acai berries contain fiber. Fiber helps keep you feeling full, aids in digestion, and regulates blood sugar levels.
- Acai berries are a great source of healthy fats. These fats help you feel fuller for longer (which contributes to weight loss) and are known for improving heart health.
- Acai berries are calcium-rich. Calcium helps maintain strong bones, muscles, and nerves.
What are Acai's Super Powers?!
The real secrets of acai berry, though, lie in its benefits. Sure, we understand that this magical purple berry is packed with nutrition, but how can those nutrients help us?
Of course, there’s no single food that will instantly solve all your health concerns. But, adding acai berry to your diet can benefit you in the following ways:
- Reduced risk of heart disease. Adding acai berries to your diet along with plenty of fruits and vegetables can help reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Reduced risk of cancer. High levels of oxidation in the body can cause damage to the cells, making them more susceptible to cancer. Acai berries are antioxidants that can reduce your risk of developing cancer.
- Weight loss. Containing fiber and healthy fats, acai berries (along with a whole food diet and exercise) help you feel full and satisfied, reducing the risk of overeating and contributing to weight loss.
- Fewer arthritis symptoms. As a powerful anti-inflammatory, acai berries reduce the symptoms of arthritis.
- Lower cholesterol. The fiber you’ll get from acai and other whole foods can help lower your cholesterol levels.
- Anti-aging properties. A healthy diet including acai berries and other nutrient-rich foods helps improve the appearance of your skin, contributing to natural anti-aging benefits.
Where to Find Acai
Acai berries can only last about a day once they’re ripe. So, it’s best to get acai in either frozen, powdered, or supplemental forms. Try an acai bowl the next time you’re at a trendy cafe or add acai capsules to your supplement routine, like our Acai Berry Complex for a 30 day detox!
Again, it’d be remiss to claim that one superfood can reduce all your health risks. However, it’s undeniable that acai berries have incredible benefits that we’d be smart to take advantage of.