Whether you feel like your arms are too skinny, too flabby, or just not the way you want them, you’re certainly not alone. The arms are a trouble spot for many and it’s tricky to get toned arms that are strong and sexy.
So, what are you missing? Here, we’re about to share the key to toned arms one tip at a time.
Choose the best arm exercises.
First of all, if you’re not seeing the results you want with your arm exercises, chances are, you’re not picking the best arm exercises for your routine. In other words, if you’re doing tons of bicep curls without results, you need to switch it up.
Some of the best exercises for toned arms include:
- Bent-over row
- Overhead press
- Pushup variations
- Upright row
- Tricep kickbacks
- Rear delt fly
- Tricep dips
However, keep in mind that full-body workouts using your body weight can be incredibly effective for toned arms. Workouts like yoga and kickboxing are just two examples of workouts that can lead to toned arms without even noticing.
And sometimes, by taking a holistic approach to your workouts by focusing on having fun and enjoying the process, results seem to come as a byproduct anyway.
Lift heavier than you’d think.
While, again, bodyweight exercises can certainly do the job by offering toned arms over time, if you want to boost your results, try lifting heavier than you might think you can handle.
Of course, don’t go for the heaviest bar in the gym but you can probably lift heavier if you just do fewer reps. Especially for women, there’s a fear of “bulking up” by lifting too heavy. But the truth is, weight and resistance is the key to toned arms and a toned body in general.
Ensure proper form.
It can’t be stressed enough – proper form is everything when it comes to seeing results from your workouts. The same goes if you want toned arms.
Proper form when doing arm workouts includes keeping your core tight and your shoulders away from your ears. You’ll always want to make sure your posture is correct too.
If you’re confused about how to do a certain exercise, make sure you speak with a personal trainer who can teach you the ropes. Or use a mirror during your at-home workouts to ensure your form stays in check.
Don’t forget about diet.
While toned arms are certainly made in the gym and during your workouts, you might be missing out on the arms of your dreams if your diet isn’t great.
Nutrition plays a huge role in, quite literally, everything that happens in our bodies. And when it comes to working out and toning our arms, the only way to build muscle and lean out is to eat well.
A diet that’s high in protein, healthy fats, and green vegetables is a great place to start. From there, a simple rule of thumb is to follow the 80/20 rule which means that 80% of the time, you eat whole foods that are nutritious while the other 20% of the time, you eat what your body craves whether that’s at a restaurant or some chocolate after dinner.
Of course, when it comes to diet, keep everything in moderation. So long as you don’t fall too far on either extreme (with both your diet and working out), it’s likely that you’ll see your arms start to become more toned over time.
The final key to toned arms is simply what works when you’re aiming at any goal – consistency. Consistency is key (as the saying goes) and it’s the most important thing to remember when you feel like giving up.
In truth, there is no quick fix, no secret to toned arms. It takes a lot of hard work, patience, and yes… consistency. But, if you stick with it and give every day a little extra oomph, you can truly change your life.
After all, it’s not really about having toned arms. It’s about being the type of person who’s fit, active, happy! And yea, toned arms are nice too.
Try these tips today and see your arms, body, and mind transform! You’ve got this.