Let’s face it, summer is here and bikini season is in full swing. We want to help you feel your most confident self this summer!
If you found your way to this article, you’re on the right track. Now, let’s get some momentum moving in the right direction to get you to your goals!
Energy is Everything!
The energy you put forward right now will be the difference between if you achieve your goals or if you fall short.
Your body is used to the daily habits, choices, and patterns you live each day. A majority of these are subconscious. It’s these patterns that have led you to the wellness and health you’re currently living and the body you have today.
Switching Your Mindset
In order to change your energy, you’ll need to feel radical emotion as you make this decision. Chances are, you’ve tried a diet once or twice before. You may have lost the weight initially, but once the diet stopped, that weight returned.
This is because you’re trying to be the person that “loses weight”, instead of fully becoming that new, confident, healthy person from the inside out. You need to switch your identity from someone on a diet for summer to someone whose lifestyle is about health!
Put It Into Action!
Say it with me,
“I am the person that enjoys working out!”
“I love the benefits and how my body feels when I eat nutritious foods.”
Science proves that the more you believe in this new personality, the more it will come true.
Get hellbent on this. Absorb this new personality into every pore, every cell of your body, and you can’t go wrong!
To help you muster up the passion to give this challenge a try and stay motivated during your fitness journey, here are some tips:
- Find workouts that excite you
- Take your workouts outside
- Engage in summer activities
- A little is better than nothing
- Bodyweight workouts
- Discovering what you really want
Make it fun! The more you enjoy what you’re doing, the more likely it is you’ll stick with it. Don’t be afraid to switch up your workouts and try something new. The most important part is for you to keep your energy and motivation up.
Since we’re on a roll, let’s dive into some logistics you can begin right now to take action on your summer body now.
These are geared towards a bodybuilder in the ‘cutting phase’, so some of these tips might not be applicable to your specific goals. Still, these actionable steps will work if you want to lean out.
- Reduce carbs. Try to replace 25 grams of carbs with 10 grams of protein.
- Try fasted cardio. This is fat burning at its prime.
- Take supplements. You can boost your metabolism by taking the right supplements at the right time
- Use supersets and drop sets. A superset is two moves that you do back to back with minimal rest. A drop set is where you start at your heaviest weight and do as many reps as you can. Then, drop some weight and do as many reps as you can again. Continue this cycle until you are just at body weight.
- Cardio. It’s more beneficial to do 20 minutes of cardio 3x than a straight hour of cardio.
- Compound movements. The bigger the muscles that you engage, the more calories you will burn.
- No carbs for breakfast. Keep cortisol low.
- HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training). 15 minutes of HIIT burns much more than 20-30 minutes of steady-paced cardio.
- Keep it cool. Try cryotherapy or keep your house at 65 degrees.
- Anticipate hunger. You may feel less full from cutting out carbs, and your body will ask for more food. If you know you’ve eaten the proper amount, when you get hungry drink a big glass of water, ideally with some BCAA’s for flavor and energy.
Achieve That Summer Body!
Now that you have an overview, it’s time to get started! Remember your new mindset and get excited about it.
Keep up with your motivational tips and implement some of the tactics bodybuilders use when getting into competition shape.
If you need any help, the OOMPH app is here for you. Hello, summer!